Sunday, December 29, 2013

Yarrrrn !!!

I made a nice find the other day while out with my sister and nephew. They needed to do some shopping because she's moving soon and need a few things. And I just like shopping. Typical female. Anyways, I found a nice bundle of yarn at the Hemtex store. Half price, and 2 for 1. So I got 4 for the price of one really. Awesome.

It's this quite funky dirty orange-brown color and I'm gonna use it to crochet some African Flowers. I was thinking of doing a very cute Hippo I saw online. But I think I'll make a Turtle instead. It's a bit smaller and easier to make. It might be a good start. Never done these kinds of "flowers" before. If it goes well there's also a pattern for a Teddy.

The first squares are already up in my Instagram account. The link is up here to the right somewhere. :) Go go go. I'm planing to make all the "flowers" in the same color style. But we'll see. It could easily change when I've done a few more. Problem is I'm not sure I have another color of this yarn that would go well together with this mix.

Yeah right.... Like that would be a problem. Of to the store I'd go, lol. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment