Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First fall and Championships !

This is going to be a long one. Ehum. So yeah, yesterday. I did my first real big fall. It was scary. And at the same time not so much. I think I might have been mostly surprised and chocked. I've been avoiding falls very hard since I started climbing. Because (and this I didn't figure out until about two weeks ago) I have a large fear of falling backwards. *Doh.* Well I knew about the fear, just not that it was affecting my climbing. Stupid huh ?

So we started some light fall fall practice just a few days later. And good thing we did. I think that's what made this fall so much easier. Because I sort of knew beforehand how it would feel to fall. And yeah, figuring out why I've been avoiding it so much was a good thing too. On another note I did some awesome climbing. 8 routes and 2 tries on two other ones. My body can feel the workout pretty much everywhere now. And I couldn't be happier.

And last but not least. This Thursday it's time for the IFSC Boulder World Championships again. Happy happy happy. It's too bad they're only every other year. (Even numbered years also.) Would be awesome if it was every year. But at least it's 2014 now so... wohoo. Competition. As always I'm gonna keep my hopes up for Rustam and Akiyo, but I think it will be awesome watching all of the competitors.

Some day I would like to go see an IFSC competition in real life. But for now I'm gonna stay happy and hope that they put up the You Tube clips as fast as possible. And/or maybe, I'll try to catch the live streaming. Depends a little on what's happening this week in my life and what not. Either way, I'm happy that I've found something more to be happy about and interested in. You have to care about something to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment