Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've been thinking.

And on the whole, I feel a lot better.

I've been reading a book these last few days. It's one of those "real life story" kind of things. About a woman who spent 14 years in a religious cult. They broke her down to pieces mentally and in the end she tried to commit suicide several times and ends up in a psychiatric clinic on red watch.

Now I'm far away from being in that bad shape. Thankfully. But I do understand a lot of her thoughts and feelings about the situation she was in. This book together with the realization that I never ever want to be the way my granny is, has put my mind on a whole other level. A very good one.

So I'm feeling pretty peachy today. I know there's still a long way to go to full happiness. But if I can keep this going, then maybe it won't be too hard after all. I sure hope so. Also a big bunch of brownie points to my mud-cake baking friend who spent so much time talking to ( and helping ) me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment