Thursday, September 4, 2014

In the kitchen.

So now that my phone is somewhat functional again, here's what's happening in the kitchen. The plum ferment is gone. Eat ate eaten. And it was delicious. But we have 3 new experiments going on. In the bottom picture, blueberries. Haven't seen much reaction in there but they are from a frozen state so apparently it can be a bit different.

The left picture on top is the jar of peaches. This one has been going very well. But I doubt I'll do it again because I realize that I'm not that fond of the smell of it. Eew eew. I'm hoping it tastes better at least. And the right picture next to it is the latest addition. Apple and cinnamon. Smells Awesome already, duh. And I think it will taste good too.

And last but not least. It's time for sourdough test nr:3. I'm doing it a little bit different this time than the last two attempts. But I'll go into that more tomorrow probably. When I know how this has turned out. The right picture in the middle though, is the new jar we got for Binks. It's a lot bigger than her starter jar. Too bad I forgot to take the pic before I started the dough.

And that's it. Not much but a lot for me. All this kitchen stuff is making me feel a bit old. Or possibly just my age really. But it's ok, it's fun. And it has given me a new and working routine for the mornings. I feed my self, I feed Binks and then I feed Miles. The turtle. And if it's a baking day. I get that started too. And in the evening after climbing, I bake.

Easy peasy. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment