Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wooot !?!

Wonderful wonderful news. I have been thinking of getting the green climbing card. The card that proves that I can belay other people safely and therefor am allowed to do it in the climbing hall. So I've checked out the company that gives courses for this. And found out that it cost almost 800:- sek.

Ouch. So I thought this won't happen for quite a while. But then we heard that the staff of the hall are allowed to test you (basically) and give you a card if you pass. Now this got me nervous. A test, with someone I don't know. About something they probably know better. Yikes. So I got a bit unsure.

Didn't really feel like pursuing it at that moment. But then yesterday. I saw that there were two guys in the hall getting tested for the card. And I guess I felt a bit optimistic or something. (Although very scared.) And decided to wait around and ask if it was possible to test me too. Damn the horror.

And in the end, he had time. And I have my card. Wohoo !!!! I'm so happy. I have to say, that although my brain froze up a bit. It went very well. It is still a bit scary to talk to people i don't know. But he was very nice, like pretty much all of the climbers I've met so far. The future looks bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment